Monday, 14 April 2014

A sunny Sunday...

It's been a glorious day here in Sunny Dorset, it's been lovely to feel the warmth. As Spring is here I'd like to introduce to you
 
Rosie.
 
Her inspiration came from the pink mohair, I decided pink was a prefect colour for a spring bear and what better than to call a pink bear "Rosie".
 
 
Rosie is One of a kind, approx. 8inches tall. 20cm

Rosie is created using German mohair in a lovely pale pink colour, she has complimenting ultra-suede paw pads and beautiful black German glass eyes and black stitched nose. I have trimmed and shaded her paws slightly so that you can see her black stitched claws and also to give her extra character.
 
She is fully five way jointed using nut and bolt and cotter pin in the neck.

Rosie is a bear with a weighted tummy, paws and feet, I have used glass beads to achieve this. I have used a mix of glass beads and polyfil in her tummy and paws so she is nice and weighty.
 
Rosie's hat is lined and created from fabric that matches her overalls, the outer brim matches Rosie's cream cardigan. Rosie’s hat is trimmed with a shabby chic roses, made from spotted tulle and satin ribbon leaves, the centre of the rose has some tiny seed beads.
 
Rosie is fully dressed in her sweet spring outfit. I have made her faded vintage cream overalls, they are dotted with faded pink rose buds and tiny green leaves; they are trimmed around the cuff with vintage lace. The overalls are secured at the shoulder with a silk ribbon, the overalls have two buttons on the front.

I have knitted a wool cardigan to keep Rosie warm in the coming seasons; her cardigan is trimmed around the neck with a fine pink ribbon.

 
I have knitted and stitched with love, Rosie's complete outfit.

Rosie has been made in a non-smoking home; she is a collectible and not suitable as a toy.

I use Airmail for overseas delivery and next day delivery within the UK.
 
Rosie has been adopted - Thank you!
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elizabeth, I am in joy to see all your bears. If I could I would buy everything you make!! Unfortunately I am on Social Security and I am only able to just love and appreciate your beautiful creations....They are so beautiful and I LOVE them. Your descriptions are also beautiful. Thank you for the joy you give me. I made beautiful bears too but I had to stop because of bad health. I am forever blessed to see other well made bears....I made mini bears and other bears too. So I REALLY appreciate an Artist like you. God bless you and what you do..........bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it is always lovely to hear your thoughts. Hugs, Elizabeth
xx