Friday, 4 April 2014

Sister Dora for Charity...

 
Sister Dora


Macmillan Charity event....
I have been asked if I would create a few bears for an event being held in Bath, England. Each year The House of Bears holds a Macmillan Charity event to raise funds for this worthy cancer charity.
 
The theme this year is Vintage Heroes. The first thought that came to mind when thinking of Heroes is the Soldiers but without the nurses and the people who stayed at home we wouldn't have had Heroes on the front. Therefore I decided for my first Bear for the event I would create......
 
Sister Dora is just 8inches tall, created using mohair fabric with matching ultra suede paw pads in a dusty fawn colour, she has a hand stitched black nose & claws. Two shiny black glass eyes and an outfit totally created by me.
 
The event is due to be held early July 2014 at The House Of Bears so for more info please email Sue. For more details of Macmillan Cancer Support http://www.macmillan.org.uk/
 
SISTER DORA WAS ADOPTED AT THE EVENT.
THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, it is always lovely to hear your thoughts. Hugs, Elizabeth
xx