Saturday, 12 July 2014

Vintage Lace & Lilacs....

Just to tempt you a little.........



I love playing with fabrics and trims, this has led to me compiling a collections of lovely vintage fabrics that inspired me to create the latest two bears. The theme was Lilac & Lace - hopefully I succeeded.

The bear sat down is called Tilly while her bigger sister is Elsa. Tilly is 8" tall and Elsa just an inch taller at 9".

My collection of fabrics were all lilac or vintage ivory. The sweater were hand knitted while sat outside enjoying this glorious summer we are having here in England. Both sweaters are 2ply yarn, the lilac sweater is pure merino wool and soooooooooo soft!

I have in my collection of fabrics some vintage pieces of very fine cotton, Elsa's dress is made from this fine embroidered cotton while Tilly's dress is also vintage cotton, both trimmed with vintage lace and vintage buttons.


Elsa


I love creating the bear's hats, these two girls have silk hats, both lined and both adorned with more vintage lace and a diamanté pin. 

Both bears are five way jointed, both have sewn in tags at the back of their necks and they will arrive with a signed swing tag around their necks.


Tilly

Tilly has been adopted - Thank you.

 If you'd like more details about Elsa please Email me. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh!! I LOVE them both!!! As always, I wish I could adopt all of your bears!! Love and hugs, Lynne xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, it is always lovely to hear your thoughts. Hugs, Elizabeth
xx